The regular date of this course will be agreed upon with the participants.
This is a draft of the timetable, which will probably change a lot with the weather and your interests.
Intro (Monday 20.03. – 16:30)
- Finding a suitable time to meet
- Input: What is Urban Gardening? (Story, inspiring projects)
- What are your expectations? What do you want to learn? What do you want to grow?
- Outside: Checking the site
Beginnings (Monday 27.03. – 16:45)
- Input: Reclaiming the City. (Guerilla Gardening? More project ideas)
- How-To: Seed propagation
- Outside: Cleaning and repairing
- Fresh cress and bread
Building (Friday 7.04. – 13:00)
- Input: Where things grow. (why plants are amazing and different kind of gardening beds)
- How-To: Build a raised bed.
- Outside: Building raised beds, first plants/seeds.
- Project: Time for research and work on ideas, exchange
// (Friday 14.04.)
Easter holidays /propagation / gardening on your window sill
It starts with the Soil (Friday 21.04. – 13:00)
- Input: Let’s talk about soil (Why is it so important? What is good soil?)
How-To: Soil check and aerating the soil
- Outside: Building and filling raised beds / rice bags
- Project: Get started!
Fertility (Friday 28.04. – 13:00)
- Input and How-To: Basic Soil Science, Fertilizers, Compost
- Outside: Planting some starter plants in the
Optional / Copenhagen (Friday 05.05. – 13:00)
- Outside: Collecting more biomass (tree cuttings and leaves), filling the second raised bed.
Freedom (Friday 12.05. – 13:00)
- Input: Free Education (Gardening Knowledge, serlo.org, Companion Planting)
- Outside: Looking after our plants, building, planting.
Water (Friday 19.05. – 13:00)
- Input: Watering (why, how, when, rainwater harvesting, tips & tricks)
- Outside: Watering, weeding …
- Projects: Let’s get started
- Food and Drinks: we try mitsuna leaves and lemon balm tea
Planing (Friday 26.05. – 13:00)
- Input: Garden Planing (Companion planting, crop rotation, square foot gardening)
- Projects: Prototyping
// (Friday 02.06.)
Pentecost (Pfingsten) / gardening on the balcony or sneaking to the Uni to garden anyway
Permaculture (Friday 09.06. – 13:00)
- Input: Permaculture (What is Permaculture? How to design landscapes, closed loop systems)
- Projects: ongoing.
Cloning and Seeds again (Friday 16.06. – 13:00)
- Input: Choosing your Seeds, vegetative reproduction of herbs
O’Pflanzt is (Friday 23.06. – 13:00)
- Trip: Tour of O’pflanzt is! (community garden) with Sophia
- Projects: Let’s hurry.
Wild Herbs (Friday 30.06. – 13:00)
- Food is everywhere: Wild herb walk with Evelyn
- Projects: Endspurt!
Harvest celebration (Friday 07.07. – 13:00)
- Cleaning up the garden for the summer
- Harvesting, cooking, celebrating
- Feedback round
- Projects: Show and Tell
Exhibition (Friday 21.07 – Sunday 23.07.)
Optional feedback (Friday 28.07. // 10:00–11:00)
- Rewilding session (next year maybe)